Wine of the Week Home
About NZ Wine
About this Site
edited by Sue Courtney
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book and Magazine Reviews
Wine of the Week's Featured Publication Archive
- Current Review - January 2009
First Big Crush
by Eric Arnold
- December 2007
The latest crop of Wine Guides
by various authors
- January 2007
Marilyn Merlot and the Naked Grape
By Peter F. May
- August 2005
How to Drink a Glass of Wine
By John Saker
- February 2005
Vinous Recipes from Saint Clair Wines
- June 2004 A selection of books for the mid winter blues
- Peter Saunders' Guide to New Zealand Wine 2004
- Michael Cooper's Buyer's Guide 2004
- Jeremy Oliver's Australian Wine Annual 2004
- Tyson Stelzer's Seal of Approval
- Matt Kramer's Making Sense of Wine
- Andrew Jefford's Choosing Wine
- February 2004
Wine into Words
By James Gabler
- October 2003
Wine in New Zealand
By Caroline Courtney, Austin Langford and Stephen Woodham
- July 2003 Screwed For Good - The case for screwcaps on red wine
By Tyson Stelzer
- June 2003 Wine Fact & Fiction
By Andrew Jones
- January 2003 Wine and War
By Don and Petie Kladstrup
- December 2002 A selection of books for holiday gifts
- The Grape Taste of New Zealand
- Cuisine Wine Country
- Michael Cooper's Buyer's Guide 2003
- Joelle Thomson's Under $20 Wine Guide 2002/2003
- The Penguin Good Australian Wine Guide 2002/2003
- Jim Budd's Great Wine Tours of the World
- December 2002 Wine Atlas of New Zealand
By Michael Cooper
- October 2002 Cellaring Wine: do-it-yourself solutions
By Tyson Stelzer
- August 2002 Canterbury Grapes and Wine 1840-2002
By Danny Schuster, David Jackson & Rupert Tipples
- June 2002 Pioneers of New Zealand Wine
By Dick Scott, photographs by Marti Friedlander
- May 2002 100 Years of Kiwiana
By Richard Wolfe and Stephen Barnett
- Dec 9th 2001 Taste of the Earth
By Keith Stewart
- Nov 11th 2001 Vineyards of New Zealand Cookbook
By Julie Le Clerc and Vic Williams
- Sep 23 2001 The Wine Tasting Workbook
By Jancis Robinson
- August 12 2001 Vintage Feasting
By Joy Sterling
- July 8 2001 The Essential Wine Tasting Guide
By Glen Green
- June 9 2001 Pocket Guide to Wines of New Zealand
By Michael Cooper
- May 13 2001 Zin - the History and Mystery of Zinfandel
By David Darlington
- Feb 4 2001 New Zealand Food, Wine and Art
Photography by Ian Baker and text by Jeanette Cook
- Dec 15 2000 The Global Encyclopedia of Wine
Peter Forrestal, Consultant Editor.
- Nov 15 2000 The Wine Lover's Cookbook
By Sid Goldstein.
- Oct 15 2000 The Fine Wines of New Zealand
By Keith Stewart.
- Sep 24 2000 Confessions of a Wine Lover
By Jancis Robinson.
- June 30 2000 The Rewards of Patience
A drinking and cellaring guide to Penfolds Wines. By Adrian Read and Andrew Caillard MW.
- Apr 30 2000 Guides to Wine Grapes
Two reviews. Jancis Robinson's printed pocket book and Anthony Hawkins Internet Guide.
- Feb 27 2000 Oxford Companion to Wine
Jancis Robinson's second edition of arguably the best wine book ever published.
- Dec 19 1999 The Colour of Wine
A photgraphic journey through the seasonal changes in the vineyards of Marlborough. By Kevin Judd.
- Nov 14 1999 A Long Finish
A mystery novel sent in Piedmont, by Michael Didbin.
- Aug 1 1999 Winemakers of New Zealand
First publlished in 1964, this is a good background to the NZ wine industry.
- Jul 11 1999 The New Spain
By John Radford. An award-winning guide to Spain and its wines.
- Jun 20 1999 Max Schubert, Winemaker
The story of the man who 'invented' Australia's most famous wine - Grange.
- May 23 1999 The Story behind the labels
Fascinating insight into wine labels the world over. By Andrew Jones.
- Mar 21 1999 Viticulture in New Zealand
A step back in time to Romeo Bragato's 1905 publication for the New Zealand wine industry.
- Feb 28 1999 Chasing Cezanne
A novel by Peter Mayle of 'A Year in Provence' fame.
- Feb 7 1999 Vines in the Valley
A history of the development of the wine industry in southern Central Otago, by Bill Bodkin.
- Nov 29 1998 Australian Wine - From the Vine to the Glass
My favourite Australian wine book. The second edition has just been released.
- Nov 15 1998 The Heartbreak Grape
By Marq de Villiers. A search for the perfect Pinot Noir. Essential Reading for pinotphiles.
Back to Wine of the Week Home
E-mail me: email@example.com